Chef de Partie – Petition Kitchen
About the Business
Inside the historic State Buildings — a destination steeped in the cultural history of Perth city, you’ll find contemporary Australian eatery Petition.
With a name that nods to its Barrack Street location — what was once a place where crowds would congregate and lobby over 100 years ago, Petition celebrates and curates what’s local and what’s seasonal.
About the role
As a Chef de Partie, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to;
- Working with local and seasonal ingredients on a constantly changing menu, striving to consistently deliver the best;
- Adhere to recipes and procedures as outlined by the Head Chef and provide input into menu design and creation, writing recipes where appropriate;
- Maintain quality of food preparation ensuring consistency in food delivery and standards.
- Having full knowledge of every menu item from start to finish.
Benefits and perks
- Opportunities for growth and development within the State Buildings
- Competitive remuneration
- Meals provided whist on duty
- Access to a variety of discounts within the State Buildings
Skills and experience
Ideal candidates will have the following skills and experiences;
- Relevant Qualification in Commercial Cookery;
- At least one year’s experience as a Chef de Partie or Commis Chef
- Ability to take direction from senior staff and willingness to educate junior staff;
- Willing and able to work a variety of shifts including weekends and evenings when required;
- A strong work ethic, a passion to create good food and a desire to succeed
Related job vacancies
Search the State Buildings
Join Our Community
Sign up to our email newsletter for the latest news, events and offers.
Enter your details below and submit to send us your enquiry.