Assistant Restaurant Manager – Long Chim
About the business
Long Chim is part of the State Buildings precinct which has become one of the city’s favourite meeting places and is home to an award-winning collection of restaurants and bars, including Petition, Beer Corner, Wine Merchant, Long Chim, Wildflower, Cape Arid Rooms, POST Osteria & Bar and more.
Long Chim’s offering is a celebration of traditional Thai street food with contemporary flavours, alongside award winning cocktails of ‘The Lone Traveller program.’ Founded by Chef David Thompson, Australia’s leading authority on all things Thai, Long Chim embraces traditional Thai techniques with banging Australian produce. Service is genuine, cheeky and a little bit spicy.
About the role
Long Chim is seeking a full time Assistant Restaurant Manager to lead our front of house team. You will be responsible for supporting the Venue Manager to successfully implement all operational procedures and standards, drive the training and development of the team, ensuring quality service is provided to our guests.
Duties & Responsibilities
As an Assistant Restaurant Manager your duties and responsibilities, include but are not limited to:
- Implement, review and maintain Long Chim’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Provide an excellent standard of service in line with the reputation of the venue.
- Provide ongoing support and training for the team.
- Assist with the continuous review, design and implementation of a unique sequence of service across lunch and dinner.
- Assist in controlling operating costs of the venue.
- Embrace a forwarding thinking culture to support and drive a strong, positive, progressive work environment.
- Motivate and empower staff to take progressive steps in their development.
- Lead and support team members by demonstrating hands on involvement in all aspects of the operation.
Working for the State Buildings gives you access to some of the most desirable benefits, such as:
- A culture based on values of passion, creativity and style.
- Discounts across all venues within the State Buildings.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program.
- Training and development opportunities.
- Staff rec room provided with meals, couches & entertainment.
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous management experience.
- A strong hospitality background.
- Exceptional customer service skills, with the ability to deliver memorable experiences to every guest.
- Obtained an RSA certificate and Approved Managers (preferred).
Related job vacancies
Search the State Buildings
Make a booking
Select from the following options to proceed:Make A Restaurant Reservation Book A Room At COMO The Treasury
Join Our Community
Sign up to our email newsletter for the latest news, events and offers.
Enter your details below and submit to send us your enquiry.