Commis Chef — Long Chim
About the business
Formally known as the Lands, Titles and Treasury buildings, the State Buildings are located in the historic heart of Perth CBD. Connecting three iconic heritage buildings into one vibrant cultural destination.
The precinct has become one of the city’s favourite meeting places and is home to an award-winning collection of restaurants and bars, including Petition, Beer Corner, Wine Merchant, Long Chim, Wildflower, Cape Arid Rooms, POST Osteria & Bar and more.
Long Chim’s offering is a celebration of traditional Thai street food with contemporary flavours, alongside award winning cocktails of ‘The Lonely Traveller program’, influenced from journeys to Thailand. Founded by Chef David Thompson, Australia’s leading authority on all things Thai, Long Chim embraces traditional Thai techniques with banging Australian produce. Service is genuine, cheeky and a little bit spicy.
About the role
We are seeking dessert, wok and larder Commis Chefs to assist in the preparation and service of food for guests under the supervision of the Sous Chef and Head Chef.
As part of the Long Chim Team, Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to;
- Working with seasonal ingredients, striving to consistently deliver the best.
- Adhere to recipes and procedures as outlined by the Head Chef and provide input into menu design and creation, writing recipes where appropriate.
- Having full knowledge of every menu item from start to finish.
Casual and full-time opportunities available.
Benefits and perks
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Meals provided whist on duty
- Access to a variety of discounts on products and services within the State Buildings
- Vibrant work culture
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
Skills and experience
The kitchen concept is open at Long Chim just as it is on the streets of Bangkok. The kitchen brigade will provide a vibrant and diverting backdrop, working in a fast-paced environment with the best quality equipment. You may not necessarily have knowledge of Thai cuisine, but will have drive and passion, and be open to learning and developing your skills.
Ideal candidates will have;
- A relevant Qualification in Commercial Cookery (for Commis Chef applications);
- Ability work a variety of shifts including weekends and evenings when required;
- Deep fryer experience essential for Larder chefs.
- A strong work ethic, a passion to create good food and a desire to succeed.
Related job vacancies
Search the State Buildings
Make a booking
Select from the following options to proceed:Make A Restaurant Reservation Book A Room At COMO The Treasury
Join Our Community
Sign up to our email newsletter for the latest news, events and offers.
Enter your details below and submit to send us your enquiry.