Concierge Porter — COMO The Treasury
About the business
COMO The Treasury is a 48 room contemporary luxury hotel in Perth’s revitalised historic heart. Occupying the State Buildings dating from the mid 19th century, COMO The Treasury opens up the city with new experiences by way of two restaurants, a bar and world renowned COMO Shambhala wellness therapies. COMO The Treasury also provides an elegant, restful base from which to explore the wilder lures of Western Australia.
About the role
Our Concierge Porters are responsible for creating the first and last impression of the hotel, whilst being the first point of contact for guests throughout their stay.
You will be involved in all aspects of porter services such as;
- Meet and greet of guests upon arrival, valet of guest vehicles and management of driveway;
- Providing information, advice, guidance and assistance on COMO The Treasury and State Buildings services;
- Coordination and transportation of guests’ luggage and belongings to/from rooms;
- Act as an ambassador and actively promote the hotel brand, image and reputation;
- Proactively exceed guest expectations at every opportunity;
- Effectively and efficiently manage guest requests and enquiries;
- Develop a rapport with guests to better understand their individual requirements;
- Fulfill all duties to the highest standard with enthusiasm and passion;
- Treat all guests as individuals, providing tailor made and highly personalised services that create memorable experiences.
A flexible schedule is preferred as evening and weekend work will be necessary. While this is a casual role, multiple shifts and an average of 30 hours per week is available.
Benefits and perks
- Be part of an Award-winning luxury hotel
- Opportunities for growth, development and cross exposure in other departments
- Access to a variety of discounts on products and service within the State Buildings
- A packed employee relations calendar
- Feel part of the State Buildings Family
- Fully laundered uniform provided
Skills and experience
You will likely hold a relevant hospitality related qualification and possess previous experience in a similar role in a luxury hotel or 5 star property.
This role will require;
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Meticulous presentation and grooming standards
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and public holidays as required
- A strong desire to be part of a high achieving team
- Flexible work attitude
An understanding of the needs and desires of the luxury traveller are essential.
Required License or certification:
- Full Australian Drivers License – Manual (Essential)
Related job vacancies
Search the State Buildings
Join Our Community
Sign up to our email newsletter for the latest news, events and offers.
Enter your details below and submit to send us your enquiry.