Long Chim Perth has an exceptionally rare opportunity for a Head Chef to join our awarding-winning team.
A career at Long Chim will place you in a demanding, world-class culinary environment. We are a busy restaurant where expectations are high, and everyone who joins our team has the opportunity to excel.
You will have the opportunity to work directly with the incredible David Thompson, and learn best-in-class skills and techniques.
Our management team will support you in becoming an influential part of the continued success of Long Chim Perth and the State Buildings.
Lead our team of passionate and dedicated chefs to set a precedent in Australian and international hospitality.
• Direct, lead and supervise the kitchen and culinary team
• Oversee day-to-day operations, ensuring that quality, standards and customer expectations are met
• Monitor the ordering and storage of products, the receiving of food and supplies, controlling and monitoring of temperatures, and organisation of our cooling and storage areas
• Supply input with menus and recipes
• Maintain an exceptional level of service and produce dishes to a high standard of presentation at all times
• Ensure that all health and safety legislation and guidelines are implemented, adhered to and reviewed regularly
• Ensure all dishes are served at the correct portion size, presentation, quality and temperature
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
The kitchen concept is open at Long Chim just as it is on the streets of Bangkok, so the ideal candidate will remain professional and composed under pressure.
You will have a diploma or certificate from a recognised culinary school and possess a minimum of 5 years’ experience. Knowledge of Asian cuisine is a must and knowledge of Thai street food would be an advantage. You will demonstrate a sound work ethic and attitude, an ability to lead and think on your feet, good problem solving skills, an ability to work calmly under pressure and have a willingness to work long hours (including late shifts).Apply Now
Related job vacancies
Search the State Buildings
Join Our Community
Sign up to our email newsletter for the latest news, events and offers.
Enter your details below and submit to send us your enquiry.