Occupying state buildings dating from the mid 19th century, COMO The Treasury opens up the city with new experiences by way of Wildflower Restaurant, Post, Treasury Lounge & Bar and world renowned COMO Shambhala wellness therapies. COMO The Treasury also provides an elegant, restful base from which to explore the wilder lures of Western Australia.
Reporting to our Rooms Division Manager, the Hotel Duty Manager is responsible for overseeing the hotel operation in the absence of management with particular emphasis on assisting with the operations of Front Office, enhancing of the guest experience through supervision and support to all employees, monitoring hotel security and maximising the profitability of operations.
As an ambassador for our commitment to delivering truly memorable experiences, you will use your expertise to develop, establish and maintain quality standards and procedures.
Your key responsibilities will include;
- Ensure team members provide a superior service and create memorable experiences for our guests;
- Achieve a level of service quality that exceeds the expectations of guests, respond to needs and solve any issues that may arise;
- Ensure the safety and security of all team members, guests, visitors and contractors;
- Take action during emergency situations and be conversant with hotel emergency procedures;
- Train team members in all front desk operations including check in/out procedures, telephone procedures, hotel amenities and reservations systems;
- Assist in the implementation of room revenue and yield management strategies;
- Analyse and control departmental expenditure including payroll costs;
- Prepare, analyse and present end of day financial reports;
- Ensure a continuous training program for all staff to develop skills;
- Comply with all WHS Legislation and regulations.
A flexible schedule is preferred as evening and weekend work will be necessary.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Minimum two years’ experience in a similar role within management and understanding of the Rooms Division and Hotel operation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Firm command of the English language
- Strong business and work ethic and people skills
- Flexible work schedule
- Solid knowledge of hotel operations
- Good track record of team building and leadership skills
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of Opera PMS and Microsoft applications
Related job vacancies
Search the State Buildings
Join Our Community
Sign up to our email newsletter for the latest news, events and offers.
Enter your details below and submit to send us your enquiry.