Hotel Front Office Reception/Host
Welcome to the team Bonus
Receive a $500 cash bonus after three months of employment and a $500 State Buildings Voucher when you celebrate six months with us.
About the business
COMO The Treasury is a 48 room contemporary luxury hotel in Perth’s newly revitalised historic heart. Occupying state buildings dating from the mid 19th century, COMO The Treasury opens up the city with new experiences by way of two restaurants, a bar and world renowned COMO Shambhala wellness therapies. Designed by Kerry Hill, COMO The Treasury also provides an elegant, restful base from which to explore the wilder lures of Western Australia.
About the role
As our Host you will be responsible for the arrival experience of our guests, including check in, rooming and departure of the guests as well as handling all guest needs and requests, providing a superior service that is courteous, professional and creates memorable experiences for guests.
Your key responsibilities as host will include, but not limited to;
- Act as an ambassador and actively promote the hotel brand, image and reputation.
- Assist in the check-in and check-out process for guests using the hotel property management system (PMS)
- Ensure arrival lounge and back of house areas are well maintained and presented at all times
- Develop a rapport with guests to better understand their individual requirements
- Fulfil all duties to the highest standard with enthusiasm and passion.
- Act in the best interest of the guest and the hotel at all times.
- Have an advanced working knowledge of all facets of the hotel, services, facilities and procedures including those provided within the State Buildings Precinct.
Full time, part time or casual contracts will be considered.
Benefits and perks
- Be part of an Award-winning luxury hotel
- Opportunities for growth, development and cross exposure in other departments
- Access to a variety of discounts on products and service within the State Buildings
- A packed employee relations calendar
- Feel part of the State Buildings Family
- Fully laundered uniform provided
Skills and experience
You will likely already possess;
- Experience working within a Front Office Team in a 5 star hotel or luxury property;
- Impeccable grooming and presentation;
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Strong business and work ethic;
- Refined guest relations, resolution and problem solving skills;
- An exceptional level of organisation, attention to detail, and commitment to providing an outstanding guest experience;
- Good working knowledge of Property Management Systems such as Opera and an understanding of point of sales systems.
- An understanding of the needs and desires of the luxury traveler.
A flexible schedule is preferred as evening and weekend work will be necessary.
Related job vacancies
Search the State Buildings
Join Our Community
Sign up to our email newsletter for the latest news, events and offers.
Enter your details below and submit to send us your enquiry.