Maintenance Officer – State Buildings
The Maintenance Officer works closely with the Maintenance Manager in the daily operations of the Maintenance Department for the State Buildings including; COMO The Treasury, Petition Beer Corner, Petition Kitchen, Wine Merchant, Long Chim Perth, Mello House & Pooles Temple and our independent retailers.
As an ambassador for our commitment to individuality and personalised service, you will use your expertise to maintain quality standards and procedures.
Your key responsibilities will include but not limited to;
- Work closely with the Maintenance Supervisor to establish job priorities and schedule
- Respond to Grounds / Maintenance requests
- Follow established repair and maintenance department Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Maintain cleanliness and order in the work area, maintain tools, gardening equipment and products, and keep work areas free from hazards
- Use machinery, equipment and tools correctly and in a safe manner
- Assist with the maintenance of Cathedral Square on a daily basis including garbage bin removal, sweeping, scrubbing, removing debris in gardens and general upkeep of the fore mentioned area
- Maintain all plants in hotel and guest areas
- Minor Back of House painting
- Control operating supplies in order to reduce wastage
- Co-operate and liaise closely with outside contractors
Skills & Experience
We are seeking an individual with at least 2 years’ experience as a Maintenance Officer in the luxury hotel environment or hospitality industry. Trade background is an advantage.
You will have sound knowledge in general building, maintenance, painting and repairs. Strong communication, organisational and time management skills are essential, along with the ability to work within team and independently.
The role will require an exceptional level of communication, excellent written and spoken English, attention to detail and problem solving abilities. You will be expected to deal directly with contractors, supervisors, managers and occasionally our guests to answer queries and resolve issues on a daily basis.
Flexibility to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and evenings is essential.
Working for the State Buildings gives you access to some of the most desirable benefits, such as;
- A culture based on values of passion, creativity and style
- Competitive salary and entitlements
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Discounts across all venue within the buildings
- Rewarding and challenging work roles
- Training and development opportunities
Related job vacancies
Search the State Buildings
Join Our Community
Sign up to our email newsletter for the latest news, events and offers.
Enter your details below and submit to send us your enquiry.