Hotel Finance Manager
About the Company
On the corner of St Georges Terrace and Barrack Street in the heart of Perth, stands the historic State Buildings.
This collection of iconic heritage buildings has been revitalised and transformed, delivering a vibrant cultural destination in which to eat, drink and stay.
The precinct has become one of the city’s favourite meeting places and is home to an award-winning collection of restaurants and bars, including Petition, Beer Corner, Wine Merchant, Long Chim, Shop 1875, Wildflower, Cape Arid Rooms, POST Osteria & Bar and more.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Hotel Finance Manager to join the Finance Division at COMO The Treasury. You will perform duties which support all venues and divisions within the State Buildings.
As an ambassador for our commitment to delivering truly memorable experiences, you will use your expertise to develop, establish and maintain quality standards and procedures.
Reporting to the Director of Finance and lead a small team supporting all venues within the State Buildings, you will be responsible (but not limited to) the following duties:
- Manage hotel bank reconciliations on a daily basis, ensuring accurate reconciliation of all presented cheques, banking & direct deposits, and coding/posting of miscellaneous debits within the Hotel’s bank account;
- Manage and prepare Balance Sheet reconciliation;
- Communicate and liaise with the departments in the Hotel & Non-Hotel Operations to ensure accurate and timely reporting of financial information;
- Oversee the AP and AR function;
- Manage and/or assist with the payroll function;
- Assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts;
- Assisting with all audits related to financial standards and procedures;
- Comply with all company financial policies, procedures and reporting requirements;
- Support the Director of Finance as required in the various financial planning and analysis activities of the hotel, such as budget preparation, forecasting, variance analysis, daily, weekly and monthly management statistics.
Skills & Experience
You will likely possess 5 years relevant accounting experience and be able to demonstrate good working knowledge of accounting procedures, within a hotel/hospitality environment.
You will hold a tertiary qualification in accounting and be familiar with Hotel PMS & POS (Opera & Bepoz) along with experience using SUN Systems, Xero, Employment Hero and Peoplevine.
The role will require an exceptional level of communication, excellent written and spoken English, organisation and attention to detail qualities, along with problem solving abilities.
Working for COMO The Treasury gives you access to some of the most desirable benefits, such as;
- A culture based on values of passion, creativity and style
- Competitive salary and entitlements
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programs
- Discounts across all venues within the Buildings
- Training and development opportunities
Related job vacancies
Search the State Buildings
Make a booking
Select from the following options to proceed:Make A Restaurant Reservation Book A Room At COMO The Treasury
Join Our Community
Sign up to our email newsletter for the latest news, events and offers.
Enter your details below and submit to send us your enquiry.