Purchasing Manager – State Buildings
This is an exciting opportunity for a Purchasing Manager to join the Finance Division at the State Buildings. You will perform duties which support all venues and divisions within the State Buildings.
As an ambassador for our commitment to delivering truly memorable experiences, you will use your expertise to develop, establish and maintain quality standards and procedures.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, you will be responsible (but not limited to) the following duties:
- Manage the purchasing and stores team, coaching and mentoring your team to perform to their best and enjoy the work they do
- Respond to all purchase requests and purchase orders based on priority.
- Ensure applicable purchase requests and purchase orders are signed and approved by Director of Finance and Hotel Manager or General Manager before any order is placed.
- Ensure the purchase request and purchase order is properly documented.
- Timely and accurate supply of purchase requests.
- Consistent and routine purchase of standing orders.
- Maintain weekly par stock levels for all General Stores items.
- Communicate timely if products are not available.
- Maintaining strong supplier relationships and review contracts on a regular basis.
Skills & Experience
You will likely possess 5 years relevant inventory management experience and be able to demonstrate good working knowledge of warehousing, invoice processing and supplier relations, ideally within a hotel/hospitality environment. Ideally, you would have high-level experience with inventory management software, POS (point-of-sale) software and reasonable experience with accounting or bookkeeping software.
You will also likely possess 3 years of food and beverage service experience, from a range of back- and front-of-house roles including kitchen, restaurant, bar and/or retail positions. A strong working knowledge of HACCP & food storage procedures, wines & spirits, and stock handling procedures is vital for this role.
The role will require an exceptional level of communication, excellent written and spoken English, organisation and attention to detail qualities, along with problem solving abilities. You will be expected to deal directly with suppliers and managers to answer queries and resolve issues on a daily basis.
Working for the State Buildings gives you access to some of the most desirable benefits, such as;
- A culture based on values of passion, creativity and style
- Employer contribution superannuation of 10%
- Competitive salary and entitlements
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Discounts across all venue within the buildings
- Rewarding and challenging work roles
- Training and development opportunities
Related job vacancies
Search the State Buildings
Join Our Community
Sign up to our email newsletter for the latest news, events and offers.
Enter your details below and submit to send us your enquiry.