About the role
As the initial point of guest contact, the Reservations Coordinator will create a positive first impression of COMO The Treasury and State Buildings. Under the direction of the Reservations Manager, you will use extensive product knowledge to engage with guests to determine the best accommodation and dining suggestions to enhance their hotel experience and revenue targets. The Reservations Coordinator will ensure consistent high standard of sales focused customer service, with welcoming, warm, persuasive selling skills to convert enquiries and achieve targets.
As an ambassador for our commitment to delivering truly memorable experiences, you will use your expertise to maintain quality standards and procedures.
Your key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to;
- Understanding of the reservations department’s policies and procedures, in line with Leading Quality Global Standards.
- Handle day-to-day reservations sales for dining and rooms, in coordination with Events and COMO Shambhala spa, as well as maintaining hotel’s PMS profile merging system. Use effective selling techniques and strategies to convert enquiries into confirmed reservations and upselling to drive revenue.
- Undertake daily administration and sales activities including calls, emails, enquiries, correspondence, preparation of quotes, and completion of private dining event orders. Process, record and issue gift cards.
- Undertake any other work-related tasks which may reasonably be required from time to time as requested by Senior Management.
- Reply to emails for all venues inboxes within a timely manner.
The role is full time working a Tuesday to Saturday roster.
Benefits and perks
- Be part of an Award-winning luxury hotel
- Opportunities for growth, development and cross exposure in other departments
- Access to a variety of discounts on products and service within the State Buildings
- A packed employee relations calendar
- Feel part of the State Buildings Family
- Fully laundered uniform provided
Skills and experience
You will likely already possess at least 1 year experience in a comparable Reservations role with an understanding of the needs and desires of the luxury traveler.
The role will require an exceptional level of both written and verbal skills, communication, organisation, attention to detail, and commitment to providing an outstanding guest experience.
Ideally you will have experience in using hotel reservations system, and good working knowledge of Sevenrooms, Opera PMS, and Ivvy is preferred.Apply Now
Related job vacancies
Search the State Buildings
Join Our Community
Sign up to our email newsletter for the latest news, events and offers.
Enter your details below and submit to send us your enquiry.