Inside the historic State Buildings, you’ll find the contemporary Australian eatery, Petition together with its two siblings, Wine Merchant and Beer Corner.
We are seeking a highly-skilled and motivated Venue Manager to run Petition’s rambunctious and staunchly independent craft beer venue, Beer Corner.
More than your local watering hole, Beer Corner heroes the art and science of our most loved national beverage, with a tale of craft in every glass.
With 20 beers on tap, our team of knowledgeable staff are dedicated to revealing the craftsmanship of artisanal brewers from Australia and around the world, and will guide you through the idiosyncrasies of every style.
We champion limited release and one-off beers as occasions to be celebrated and this is reflected in our extensive events program, featuring beer-gustations, tap takeovers and collaborations with local brewers.
Although beer is at the centre of our ethos, we also offer a diverse selection of wine, spirits and beer-inspired cocktails, alongside a beer-friendly menu from Petition’s award-winning culinary team.
This is a bustling, vibrant and high volume venue, therefore our ideal applicant will bring something exceptional to the team. You will be an industry expert and have proven experience in:
- Competent knowledge of storing and serving beer
- Be confident conversing about different beer styles
- In-depth understanding of beer flavour profiles, ingredients and the brewing process
- Competent knowledge of food and beer pairings, to assist our Head Chef to curate menus
- A comprehensive understanding of hospitality financials with the ability to analyse and control expenditure, P&L, wage costs and rostering
- Embrace the venue DNA and ethos, embodying the brand and pushing boundaries
- Manage and oversee stock control and performance management
- Recruit, induct and train a professional team, whilst driving a positive culture
- Drive an individualised and memorable customer experience
- A willingness and commitment to take on a challenge, and assist the venue to progress and evolve.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
You will likely already possess 5+ years of hospitality experience and at least 2 years in a comparable Venue Management role. You will preferably hold a qualification from the Cicerone certification program.
This career-defining role will require an exceptional level of communication, organisation, attention to detail, and commitment to providing an outstanding guest experience.
You will possess a superior level of leadership and dedication to staff training, along with a willingness to give your full drive.Apply Now
Related job vacancies
Search the State Buildings
Join Our Community
Sign up to our email newsletter for the latest news, events and offers.
Enter your details below and submit to send us your enquiry.