Gather – Floral Exhibition
See, smell, capture, and marvel at the large-scale modern artworks of cut spring blooms.
10 leading floral designers across Western Australia will build a series of large-scale floral artworks in the centre of Postal Hall, in Perth’s heritage-listed State Buildings. This spectacular showcase of cut flower design is known as “Gather – an Exhibition”, and will run across the King’s Birthday long weekend, from Sunday 24th September until Tuesday 26th September.
You can expect a full sensory experience. See, smell, capture, and marvel at the large-scale, modern artworks, featuring an abundance of cut spring blooms. All artworks are designed with sustainable floristry practices in mind.
The exhibition is free to attend, with free artist talks taking place on Sunday 24th September afternoon from 11.30am – 2pm. Hear from each artist as they explain the method, flower choices, and design techniques behind their installation.
Paid experiences will also feature across the weekend, inside the “Kings Park Flower Cave”, with a portion of Post Restaurant being converted into an oasis for Western Australian native flora.
These experiences include:
- A Floral Workshop with Fox and Rabbit Premium Flowers – How to make a native vase arrangement
- How to grow a native cutting garden, with Kings Park’s own Sue McDougall
- Illustration Workshop with Pippa McManus
- A Floral Workshop with Debra Hayes Floral Create – How to make a spring bouquet
- Sustainability in the garden, with Kings Park’s own Digby Growns
Generously Sponsored By:
State Buildings, City of Perth, Kings Park & Botanical Gardens, Wafex, Hire Society, Profresh, Floraco, Tesselaar, Racheenee, Everbloom, Jo O’Dea Arts & Event Management