COMO Shambhala – Sleep Tips
Good sleep reduces stress and restores energy long-term.
Sleep is one of the most important components of wellness. Good sleep reduces stress and restores energy long-term. These tips will set you up for a night of true rest while you’re with us, as well as provide inspiration for ways to adjust your home environment for better sleep patterns.
- Make it a habit to wake up and go to bed at the same time each day. This will help your internal clock keep a regular schedule.
- Take a warm bath or shower approximately 90 minutes before bedtime, to prepare you for rest on a biological level. To regulate your temperature throughout the night, choose breathable materials like cotton or silk for your pajamas and sheets as well.
- Make sure all devices are dimmed or on night mode a few hours before bed, as blue light emissions have been found to suppress melatonin.
We also suggest investing in curtains that effectively block out the light, especially in countries where days are long.
- Aroma has a strong effect on our bodies; essential oils stimulate the limbic system when inhaled, which affects emotions, heart rate, blood pressure, breathing and hormone balance. Lavender and chamomile are popular for sleep, but you can choose whatever puts you in a restful mood. Add a few drops to water in a small bottle and spray it around your bedroom or on your pillow to create your own fragrant cocoon.
- Regular exercise is known to be beneficial for better quality and length of sleep as it boosts serotonin and decreases cortisol (stress hormone) levels.
- Follow the Three-Two-One rule: Have your last meal three hours before bedtime. Have your last drink two hours before bedtime. Start winding down without devices one hour before bedtime.